Who doesn't like a great chocolate chip cookie right! I absolutely love them and have since I was a kid, I could easily eat about half a dozen in one serving back in the day! While I still love to enjoy this delicious treat, I have chosen to go gluten free. In my previous post I explain why I have chose this for various health reasons.
Now one major thing that I do to make gluten free living easier is that I have made sure that I have enough tasty alternatives so my family and I are not left dissapointed and craving wheat recipe's, especially for our baked goods!
I will admit that it took me some trial and error to get this recipe just right in order to have a nice soft cookie that would not crumble too much, I prefer soft versus crunchy cookies. There are a lot of gluten free recipe's online for gluten free chocolate chip cookies, but a lot of them use tapioca starch and other not so healthy flour options. The whole reason I am going gluten free is for my health, and NOT all gluten free options are healthy, as a matter of fact many of them have higher glycemic index's than traditional wheat choices.
After about 4 attempts I finally have an awesome gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that both my husband and son love and ask me to make all the time on our Sunday Funday's!
Here is the recipe and instructions below to make a dozen small to medium sized healthy and DELICIOUS Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. ENJOY!
- 2 1/4 cups of organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup of grass fed unsalted organic butter
- 1 Tbs. or organic virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tsp. organic baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. himalayan salt
- pinch of organic cinnamon
- 2 Organic large egg
- 2 Tbs. Organic Raw Honey
- 1 cup of Organic semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1. Warm your butter and coconut oil until melted in a smal pot on low heat on stove top and pour into a small bowl.
2. Add the vanilla, honey and eggs to the liquid mixture and whisk together until well combined.
3. In a separate large bowl combine the rice flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Mix together with a whisk.
4. Take the liquid ingredients and put into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
5. You can use your hands or a mixer to combine the wet and dry ingredients togther.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C)
6. Once you have a soft dough scoop out table spoons and roll them into balls.
7. Place the balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart(parchment paper on a pyrex works fine too) and slightly flatten out with the bottom of your spoon
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until soft and slightly golden on the edges
9. Take out and let them cool down for 5-10 minutes on the sheet.
10. You can store leftovers in an airtight glass tupperwear container and it will keep for a few days in room temperature.