Keratin Lash Lift Review
I'm so excited to share my positive review of having the newest lash treatment KERATIN LASH LIFT. Since having an awful experience with lash extensions a few years back I swore I'd never go back to that option because of the toxic ingredients and the fall out I had. I've only used lash strips for extra special occasions as my skin is quite sensitive around my eyes. I've been using great mascara's since then and have tried using lash enhancing serums as well and they did help quite a bit but I still needed to use mascara to balance out my bigger eye shape. I was looking for something that would allow for me to be able to just walk out of my home with minimal makeup and have bright eyes. I didn't think I had many options until I came across an article raving about the celebrity favourite treatment called Keratin Lash Lift.
The before and after pictures looked incredible and the best part was that the treatment enhanced your natural lash length and fullness without any damaging perm solutions used in lash perms and no artificial hair is glued on like with lash extensions. I thought could this be true? I continued to research this treatment and from I could tell it looked like it was more of a strengthening treatment without any damage to the follicle or hair and the results lasted up to 3 months.
I booked an appointment with Vancouver certified Keratin Lash Technician at Fawns & Fellows with Rebecca Starr and am very glad I did. I have now had two treatments done and am very pleased with the results. I am now able to use less mascara and have fuller looking lashes. This is one of my favourite appointments because you could potentially even have a nap if you wanted since the whole procedure is done lying down with your eyes completely closed. It is a very relaxing experience and between the first and second appointment it was about two and a half months. There was no massive lash fall out, my lashes just slowly just went back to their original form which is less curled.
After 24 hours you are able to go back to your normal routine and do not have to avoid swimming or exercise. Your life goes on just as usual which is a huge difference compared to the lash extension commitment which can really be a lot to maintain.
Be aware of fake Keratin Lash Lift services. There are places that are still using regular lash perm solution and just advertising as Keratin Lash Lift treatment. They are VERY different and the true Keratin Lash Lift will strengthen your lashes and have no negative side effects to your lashes or follicles. Do your research and ensure it is a legit Keratin Lash Technician.
As you can see in the before and after pictures above of my own lashes, the results are immediate. The appointment is about 1-1.5 hrs depending on lash type. Like any treatment there are before and after steps that you have to abide by to ensure the best results and they are not hard to follow. Once you book an appointment online you will receive a confirmation email and all the guidelines are directly on her website. If your are booking an appointment DO NOT wear any eye makeup as this eats up a lot of time to remove to ensure the treatment works.
Over all I am very happy with the results and service Rebecca provides at Fawns & Fellows in Downtown Vancouver. She is very friendly, knowledgeable and gives great tips to maintain the results for as long as possible.
This is a service that I recommend to any woman seeking longer fuller lashes with their OWN natural lashes as an alternative to lash strips and extensions.
You can follow Fawn's & Fellows on Instagram at @fawnsandfellows to see countless amazing before and after photos and her website is www.fawnsandfellows.com.
Below are Rebecca Starr's step by step procedures for the Keratin Lash Lift:
1. The entire process is done with the eyes closed, laying on the esthetics bed as if you are resting. (Some people even fall asleep!)
2. Clean, bare lashes are sculpted up onto silicone forms. The level of lift is chosen based on the client’s lash length and desired lift for their lash type.
3. A lifting lotion is applied to the lashes, during which time you relax with a warm dark towel covering your eye area.
4. After removal of the initial product, a fixing lotion is applied to the lashes to help maintain the curl and lift of the lashes. It also strengthens and conditions the lashes.
5. After removal of the second product, a pigment infusion tint is applied to the lashes to increase volume and amplify length.
6. Once the pigment infusion tint is removed, a nourishing serum oil is applied to the lashes and eye area to moisturize and aid with removal of any residual product.
7. Finally a coat of crystal clear Yumi keratin treatment mascara is applied to gloss and nourish the lashes further. As all mascara is drying (especially the waterproof kind) this adds essential moisture and protein back into the lashes, whether worn under your regular mascara or as a stand-alone treatment - day or night. A simple way to think about NOT treating your lashes is like washing your face or hair, and not applying moisturizer or conditioner - ever.
8. Music, audio books and a blanket are provided at Fawn & Fellows… Or you can bring your own iPod. The whole treatment, from initial arrival to departure takes anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half (depending on lash length, density and coarseness).
9. The keratin protein in the serum mascara both strengthens and repairs the lashes, helping to give the hair structure and aids the lashes in growing stronger and fuller with increased lash retention.
Leave a Reply.