The year of 2018 is going to be a remarkable year of new beginnings. As I took the time to reflect on 2017 I felt that it was a year of personal growth and maturation for me and I don't want to carry forward any toxic or negative personal patterns and behaviours into 2018. Instead of making New Years resolutions I have decided to just take it one day at a time but to treat every day as a new beginning. A new opportunity to be better, to rise higher and to apply myself fully. I will be honest and say that there have been some deeply rooted patterns that I have carried since my adolescence that have inhibited me from achieving more harmony and freedom in my personal and family life. I’m deciding to face it head on and make some changes that are long overdue! We all have space and room to grow and new heights to rise to and instead of feeling ashamed of myself I want to keep my focus on tangible practical actions I can take as to not have those patterns continue to repeat themselves. The time is now to go forward with my dreams and leave behind all that does not serve my greater purpose in this world.
It starts with organization in and setting goals. I have always struggled in this area. I grew up being completely disorganized in everything when I was single and just "going with the flow" living reactionary versus proactively. Now that I've become an entrepreneurial minded woman, a free lance blogger, and have my own family to take care of "free flow" does not really work all the time. In order for me to really be in alignment with what I desire for my career, family life and spiritual growth I need to PLAN FOR SUCCESS as my husband so clearly stated it. For me success isn't necessarily only defined by worldly standards such as material wealth and status. For me success is living doing what I was meant to do on earth with the gifts and passions I was given by God to serve others, to be full of love and to be free of fear, all while being able to provide for my family. It's the goal that many in my generation have, yet have no plan or goals with aligning actions to help them execute it.
I have seen how the ball started rolling for me by the end of 2017 and new opportunities and blessings started to come my way and I was becoming very excited and grateful, but a small part of my old mind was thinking, CAN I DO THIS? Fear was at the root of wondering if I was capable of stewarding all of it and is basically why I mishandled some of the simplest tasks.
Well this year that is not going to be how I move forward! I know without a doubt in my spirit that 2018 is going to be a blessed year with great changes, and in order to properly manage and steward all that is on its way, I need to get ready and clean up house mentally, physically and spiritually.
Healthy habits on every level will create positive outcomes and a solid foundation for the rest of my own life and for future generations ahead in my family.
This is one of the reasons why I am posting this blog so that I can share what some of my goals are for 2018. I have written it down in my own journal and want to share my journey with you all as well.
I appreciate the support and feedback from my community and reading how each one of you is also is making good changes and shifts in your life. Connecting with our own stories and collectively supporting one another is always beneficial. We all have unique tools and resources that can help each other out and it also keeps a positive level of accountability because we all want to see each other rise and live out their purpose.
One of the primary things that I have done is create tentative weekly and monthly goals. Now I know that life happens and not everything is going to go according to plan all the time, but I’m okay with that as long as there is a level of rhythm, I can handle shifts that occur without feeling overwhelmed. Having a sturdy foundation is key in those times.
I am surrendered to God's ultimate plan for me which I know will always bear fruit for myself and my community, and that brings joy and peace because I know He is my compass in life, never leading me astray. My job is really to take daily actions that propel my journey and line up with my intentions and goals, the rest is in greater hands.
These are some of the goals that I have for this year and what I plan on doing to help me achieve them. I plan on expanding this list and also sharing as I reach them. When nice surprise events occur I want to share that as well to encourage and inspire you on your path as well, one day at a time!
1) Revamp my personal blog to reflect my current lifestyle and passions and share at least 3 value based blog posts a month related to healthy living, clean beauty and DIY that I have tried and tested!
2) To educate myself in wellness related subjects by taking courses and read one book per month so that I can always share valuable information to others.
3) To also take more acting and singing classes to execute more auditions and refine my voice.
4) To have daily time to nurture my spiritual life such as prayer and bible study and to be able to thread that into my daily life. More meaningful and conversational prayer throughout my day vs just a night time ritual. This will reflect in my daily attitude and actions.
5) Growing in my leadership role in my church family and building on the relationships that are the most meaningful to me. Learning new skills to be of better service in the community through Love Quest Church.
6) Always have enough family time in my week while accomplishing daily tasks efficiently. Having a healthy balance by creating a routine and have adequate planning that works for us month to month.
7) Creating healthy meal plans and exercise for my family. Being active together more regularly and cooking together when possible.
8) LESS PHONE TIME! I need to get to bed at least 2 hrs earlier and unplug from social media.
9) Create a steady avenue of income through my partnerships with clean and ethical brands, blogging, and hosting health & beauty related workshops.
I am going to be more actively engaged and directly involved with Okoko Cosmetiques Skincare starting this month and am extremely excited to learn alongside the owner Oyeta and see Okoko expand!
10) Create ART! I am a writer and love to draw, collage and paint and will spend more free time to allow myself to express my creative side.
11) Last but certainly not least, to LOVE HARDER! To bring love into every conversation and encounter I have with people no matter what and to be the change I want to see whenever the opportunity arrises.
These are my goals and I will try my absolute best to be the best NATALIA I CAN BE in 2018.
Make this a year that you put your best foot forward and do not allow fear to get in the way. We were all created for something special, a purpose that serves the greater whole and brings fulfilment that money cannot buy. What are you passionate about and what are some of your goals for 2018? I would love to hear some of your thoughts, inspirations and ideas because this is it people, make it happen. GO GET IT!
Through my various healthy living blogs I want to be able to share clean eating recipes, exercises, supplements and natural remedies that work for my family and I.
If you have any questions about a health related issue or inquiry, I'd love to help you find the best answer. Research comes naturally to me, I absolutely love finding out about the the latest and most effective methods and tricks to living the healthiest life possible!
Let me know your thoughts about what you'd like to see me post about.